I suggest you ...

Road map priority # 3 - customizability

LC already have among the best and most user friendly customization - albeit it works best in FireFox. But I see no real benefit in spending time and resources in developing this further sot it also works on other browsers, until other issues are fixed.

Most users have very limited technical/programming skills, so when they are to chage CSS or a template it is way above their skill level. They try something because they got a hint from someone, but they are in no way in control of what they are doing - and I have helped more than one user to restore their frontend after getting lost in frustration.

Offering the same tools on IE, Chrome, Safari ... does not really help.

I would suggest going another way. Keep those tools as is, but make some 20-30 templates available that are more modern. Take a good look at other leading carts - no I did not include OS Commerce ... ;-) ... and make similar templates targeted for different regions and industries.

Try to get a template community running.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greger Andersson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • abid commented  · 

yes, i am agree with greger .livecart should have some more templates, currently available templates are not a standard one. but people have to survive them. i agree with the idea of a template community.

Feedback and Knowledge Base